Offer in Compromise -- How Long Does it Take to Process?
Since 2012, Offer in Compromises have been taking around 4 to 6 months to process.
If you are doing a CASH OFFER, prepare to
- Pay 20% of your Offer in the first couple of weeks/and/or month
- Pay $150 fee
- Wait for the 4 to 6 months of processing time of which you will likely be required to provide more documentation the Offer specialist -- HOWEVER no payments will be required at that time.
- At the 4 to 6 month mark you will pay the remaining 80% all at once or in 5 monthly payments.
If you are doing a 24 month CASH OFFER, you will pay your
1. monthly payments as soon as you send the Offer
2. the entire time the Offer processes.
3. After the 24th payment, your Offer will be finished and your lien removed.
Interested in doing an Offer in Compromise and want to try expedite it?! Call us at 1-888-282-4697 and mention that you want it done as quickly as possible.
- When Do Your Back Taxes Expire? A Quick and Easy Test to See if you Qualify for an Offer
- The IRS 2012 OIC Rule Changes: Offer up to 75% less?!
- An Unauthorized Biography of the IRS Offer in Compromise
- How Washington Tax Services Does the “Offer” Interview / The Income / Expenses / Assets Model
- Offer in Compromise—How Long Does it Take to Process?